- $ 28.00
- $ 28.00
- Unit Price
Thirteen states, 100 chefs, and 134 recipes later, one thing is clear: the food of the American South tells a story that spans the distance from New Orleans to Louisville, Little Rock to Charleston, Nashville to Dallas, and every city in between. The Southern Foodie explores a hearty swath of the South’s culinary culture, following its roots and exploring its evolution in the region’s best restaurants.
Meet the people who are keeping the tradition alive and reinventing the flavors of the South. Swing on down to the Gulf Coast, and wade into a chef’s wonderland of fresh seafood and spicy heat. Check out the culinary creativity in the Carolinas, where you’ll find traditional smoked pork barbecue alongside Southern favorites made with fresh, local produce. Explore the restaurant kitchens of Atlanta and Nashville, where the chefs aren’t shy about fusing comfort food standards with international flair and unexpected techniques. Join Chris Chamberlain for access to the South’s best recipes and the kitchens where they were developed.
- Jalapeño-and-Cheese-Stuffed Grit Cakes from Mason’s Grill, Baton Rouge, LA
- Roasted Heirloom Pumpkin with Mulled Sorghum Glaze from Capitol Grille, Nashville, TN
- Country Ham Fritters from Proof on Main, Louisville, KY
- Blue Crab Cheesecake from Old Firehouse Restaurant, Hollywood, SC
- Apricot Fried Pies from Penguin Ed’s Bar-B-Q, Fayetteville, AR
The Southern Foodie shows you where the South eats and how to create those distinct flavors at home. You’re sure to rediscover old favorites and get a closer look at the delicious new traditions in Southern cuisine.