Frequently Asked Questions
How does all this work?
Discover an exciting and eclectic array of shops at the Rustic Market Exchange, boasting 24 Showcase spaces and 7 Suites. While both Showcase spaces and Suites are available, the latter differ in that they are situated along the store's perimeter and offer extra electrical outlets. If you're looking to expand your business, Suites are an excellent choice.
Becoming a Market Maker:
Once you've secured a space, it's time to add your inventory and become an official Market Maker. Here's how it works:
- Merchants email us an inventory of their items, with pricing, quantity, and a brief description.
- We'll input your business name and create barcodes and tags for your items, which you'll receive when you arrive.
- Customers can shop for items from multiple merchants under one roof, and when they make a purchase, the item is scanned at the checkout counter and accounted for.
- Every two weeks, merchants receive a sales report via email.
- Sales revenue is paid on the 5th and 20th of each month, and are direct deposited into your bank account.
- Rent is due by the 1st of every month.
Selling Your Products without the Hassle of a Physical Store
Say goodbye to the expenses and stress that come with owning a brick-and-mortar store. With our service, merchants can easily sell their merchandise without even being present at the store. Simply set up your space, tag your items, and let us handle the rest. This allows you to open a shop and sell your products while keeping your day job.
How much does it cost?
Our pricing model includes a monthly rental rate and an industry-standard 10% commission on sales. The rental rate is determined by the location and size of the space.
What types of spaces are available for rent?
We have the following spaces available:
- 24 Showcases: For those with fewer items in their inventory or limited space, opt for our showcase units.
- 7 Suites: From cozy 8x7 to spacious 13x7, our suites offer merchants ample space to showcase and sell their goods.
How long is the lease?
The lease is an initial 6-month commitment then month to month.
How do I lease a space?
- Fill out the online application.
- We’ll contact you and discuss available options.
- Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.
How do you choose who comes into the store?
Our process for selecting merchants involves evaluating each application and determining who would be the most suitable fit for the available space. We consider factors such as the quality of the items being sold, the location of the space, the appearance of neighboring shops, and the merchant’s experience.
Are there work requirements?
No. We work for you so you can build your business.
How do you advertise?
The Rustic Market Exchange uses digital and print advertising including: social media, magazines, text marketing and email marketing.
Do you have special events?
The Rustic Market Exchange is well known for our events that bring thousands of shoppers to the store. We also have seasonal events designed to reach our broad customer base.
What social media platforms are you on and how often do you post?
We are active on Facebook, Instagram and TikTok. We post daily, multiple times throughout the day.
Are there specific times I can restock my booth or make changes without customers being there?
Yes. The store is open to merchants every Monday from 10am-6pm. Additional hours are added during the holiday season as well.
What do you allow merchants to sell? Are there restrictions on what I can sell?
The Rustic Market Exchange strives to keep a balance of new, re-purposed, fashion, handcrafted and custom built. Flea market items are not allowed.
Are there restrictions on how I design my space?
At The Rustic Market Exchange, our reputation for outstanding visual merchandising and store design speaks for itself. To keep the look and feel consistent, we have already designed the space for you saving you time and money. Please refrain from using folding tables or any branded displays to ensure the integrity of our overall aesthetic.